Update 38 Patch 1 Release Notes
Here are the Release Notes for Update 38 Patch 1, released on Wednesday, April 25th.
News and Notes:
- Eyelet Creature Companions are now available in Daily Dice and the Mysterious Remnants Vendor.
- New varieties of House Cat Creature Companions are now available in Daily Dice.
The Daily Dice rewards have received a significant overhaul:
- Tier 3-8 of Silver and 2-8 of Gold have been shaken up! Items have moved to different tiers, items have been newly added to Daily Dice, and many new items to DDO itself have been added.
New items to the Silver Daily Dice table:
- Potion of Radiant Forcefield
- Potion of Stoneskin
- Potion of Good Hope
- Potion of Rising Fury
- Potion of Alchemical Prowess (+3 Alchemical Bonus to Strength)
- Potion of Alchemical Grace (+3 Alchemical Bonus to Dexterity)
- Potion of Alchemical health (+3 Alchemical Bonus to Constitution)
- +50 Sentient XP Gem (Unbound)
- +100 Sentient XP Gem (Unbound)
New items to the Gold Daily Dice table:
- +12 Magical Resistance Rating Potion
- +12 Physical Resistance Rating Potion
- +12 Universal Spell Power Potion
- +12 Melee Power Potion
- +12 Ranged Power Potion
- +15 MRR Potion
- +15 PRR Potion
- +15 Universal Spell Power Potion
- +15 Melee Power Potion
- +15 Ranged Power Potion
- Lesser Remnant Boost Potion (+25% Remnants, plus 1 Bonus Remnant)
- Lesser Elixir of Discovery (+5% chance of finding Named Loot in chests that have Named Loot in them)
- Potion of Titan's Grip
- Potion of Alchemical Intimidate (+20 Alchemical Bonus to Intimidate skill)
- +200 Sentient XP Gem (Unbound)
- +500 Sentient XP Gem (Unbound)
- Greater Remnant Boost Potion (+50% Remnants, plus 1 Bonus Remnant)
- Greater Elixir of Discovery (+10% chance of Finding Named Loot in chests that have Named Loot in them.)
- Sovereign Remnant Boost Potion (+100% Remnants, plus 1 Bonus Remnant)
- Sovereign Elixir of Discovery (+15% chance of finding Named Loot in chests that have Named Loot in them.)
- +1000 Sentient XP Gem (Unbound)
- Several New Eyelet Creature Companions
- Several New House Cat Creature Companions
Some items are Newly-added to Daily Dice:
- Bigby's Guiding Hands
- More, and Larger, Ability Tomes, up to +8 Ability Tomes
- +5 and +20 lesser Hearts of Wood are now available on the Gold table.
- Some categories have been renamed to better reflect the new rewards and better reflect their tier:
- Vistani Knife Fighter's Blessed Blades/Knives ability now properly gives your weapon Good, Silver, and Ghost Touch as described.
- Vistani Knife Fighter's Single Dagger ability now properly works in any combat situation where you count as Single Weapon Fighting and are wielding a dagger. This ability now requires the Single Weapon Fighting Feat.
- All Season's Herald SLAs now say Spell-Like Ability in their description.
- The Throat Rip spell debuff now only applies to bosses.
- Caustic Shot and Strike now have a unique cooldown.
- Clarified the text for Ferocity to make its description more clear.
- Ghost Wolf now applies Ghost Touch to the Druid's weapon correctly.
- The cost for Strength and Constitution enhancements in Nature's Protector is now consistent with other enhancement trees.
- Savage Roar now functions correctly.
- Fixed an issue where Vanguard's Shield Champion was proc'ing 50% of the time. We have also increased the proc rate from its earlier 5% to 10%.
- Prey on the Weak has a new icon.
- Fixed an issue where Improved Nature's "grizzled" defense bonus was accidentally swapped with the "enchanted" defense bonus, and visa versa.
- Nature's Protector rage line upgrades now work like other enhancement trees, requiring only one point to be spent to progress up, assuming other requirements are met.
- Renegade Mastermaker SLAs are no longer considered Divine by Quells' Intercession spells.
- The long descriptions of the Iconic Heart of Wood and Epic Heart of Wood in the DDO Store have been adjusted to properly indicate that level 30 is required.
- Charge Tier 4 and 5 of Force Shot, Acid Shot, and Bee Shot Rune Arms now fire their projectiles in a slightly narrower pattern. The outermost two projectiles of Charge Tier 4 and 5 Forge Shot, Acid Shot, and Bee Shot Rune Arms now land more reliably.
- Fixed an issue with the 12th anniversary armor on some skin colors.
- Molten Silver Gauntlets should now more reliably add Silver to weapons.
- Many undead from Ravenloft, Slave Lords, Temple of Elemental Evil, and the raid Riding the Storm Out now respond to positive and negative damage like proper Undead.
- Quells now better target their Intercession against those who are in Divine Epic Destinies instead of anyone who happens to have a Divine Epic Destiny.
- Monsters from the Disciples of Rage adventure pack have been added to their respective Monster Manuals.
Quests and Adventure Areas
Disciples of Rage
Night Falls on Stormreach
- The text for the optional to subdue rioters now appears when it is intended.
- Several collectibles have been moved to prevent them from falling through the floor.
- Fixed some visual issues with subduing rioters.
- The portal will now respawn.
- Some of the locations where shells land have been made easier to see.
- Fixed a stuck spot.
- Night Falls on Stormreach
- Fixed several stuck spots in House Jorasco.
- Fixed several typos in Update 38 quests.
- Exploding Eye Horrors in the Disciples of Rage no longer spawn an archer instead of an eyeball on Heroic Elite.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Saga Rewards to not be selectable.
- Fixed a stuck spot in Wizard of Wines.
- The Baron in Mad Tea Party now only speaks to one person at a time.
- Ezmerelda d'Avenir is now better with names and faces.
- Fixed an issue with Memoirs of an Illusory Larcener that could prevent quest completion.
- Curative Admixtures will no longer spin around their targets.
- Rising Fury can now be affected by the Extend Metamagic Feat.
- The icon for Autumn Winds is now square.
- Fixed an issue that could cause game server issues related to a SQL server disconnection.