Crafting with…Courtney! Episode 19
Hello everyone, and welcome to the nineteenth episode of “Crafting with…Courtney!” I’m here to make crafting fun, easy, and good for you!
Who doesn’t like to dress their pets up for the holidays? I know I love giving my Iron Defender a fun spooky outfit for the Mabar Festival of Endless Night. Perhaps your pet doesn’t get as much enjoyment out of it as you do, but still, making something for your animal companion just screams “cute!”
Today’s recipe will explain how to craft a module for your Iron Defender, and is themed for the Mabar holiday! We’ll be making a +1 Screaming Module of Bleeding, called Howling Werewolf!
Making a module is a bit different from other things you’ll craft using the Cannith Crafting system, so let’s take a minute to talk about how it’s done. First you will need a pair of craftable handwraps. You’ll craft your desired properties onto the handwraps, then take your newly-crafted wraps and combine them with a certain number of Mechanical Trap Parts in a Device Workstation to create the actual crafted module! Mechanical Trap Parts can be acquired by disabling traps in dungeons, purchasing them from the DDO Store, or by buying them in the Auction House. There are two Device Workstations in Stormreach; one is located in the Harbor east of the Wayward Lobster, and the second is located in House Cannith!
After the handwraps are crafted, head over to a Device Workstation and place the handwrap into the device. The recipe list will auto-sort, and you’ll see an option to make a module with the Enchantment Level of the handwraps you’ve crafted. Click “craft” and you’re done! Just a reminder that you slot your new module into your Iron Defender by opening up your Iron Defender’s character sheet, and then dragging the module into the module slot on that sheet.
To make a +1 Enhancement Bonus Shard you will need:
- The ability to make a level 10 Arcane shard.
- 1 Greater Arcane Essence
- 4 Lesser Arcane Essences
- 1 Siberys Dragonshard Fragment
- 1 +1 Enhancement Spirit (created by Disjuncting a +1 enhancement bonus from an item in the Item Deconstruction Device with a Liquid Knife Potion.)
To make the Screaming Shard you will need:
- The ability to make an Elemental level 35 shard.
- 6 Greater Air Essences
- 12 Lesser Air Essences
- 4 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments
- 3 Funerary Tokens
To make the Shard of Bleeding (listed as Bleed Shard in the crafting device) you will need:
- The ability to make an Arcane level 33 shard.
- 6 Greater Body Essences
- 32 Lesser Body Essences
- 9 Khyber Dragonshard Fragments
- 3 Blades of the Dark Six
To make Howling Werewolf, follow these steps:
- Prepare handwraps for crafting by placing them along with a Dust of Disjunction into the Item Deconstruction Device.
- Place a weapon, armor, or item with a +1 Enhancement Bonus into the Item Deconstruction Device, along with a Liquid Knife Potion, to create a +1 Enhancement Spirit.
- Using the Shard Creation Device for Bound Shards, place 1 Greater Arcane Essence, 4 Lesser Arcane Essences, 1 Siberys Dragonshard Fragment, and a +1 Enhancement Spirit to create a +1 Enhancement Bonus Shard.
- Create a Screaming Shard by combining 6 Greater Air Essences, 12 Lesser Air Essences, 4 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments and 3 Funerary Tokens in the Shard Creation Device for Bound Shards.
- Create a Shard of Bleeding (listed as Bleed Shard in the crafting device) by combining 6 Greater Body Essences, 32 Lesser Body Essences, 9 Khyber Dragonshard Fragments and 3 Blade of the Dark Six.
- Head over to the Item Creation Device for Bound Items. Combine the craftable handwraps with the +1 Enhancement Bonus Shard, then add the Screaming Shard. Finally, add the Shard of Bleeding.Visit a Device Workstation (one is located in the Harbor, another is located in House Cannith.) Place the crafted Handwraps into the device, along with 10 Mechanical Trap Parts (which can be acquired by disabling traps, or through the Auction House.) Click “craft” to create the +1 Screaming Module of Bleeding.
- Visit a Device Workstation (one is located in the Harbor, another is located in House Cannith.) Place the crafted Handwraps into the device, along with 10 Mechanical Trap Parts (which can be acquired by disabling traps, or through the Auction House.) Click “craft” to create the +1 Screaming Module of Bleeding.
That’s it! This module can be equipped onto an Iron Defender whose Artificer master is at least level 5 (since the crafted handwraps have a minimum level of 5.) If you decide not to place the +1 Enhancement Bonus onto the handwraps, you can lower the minimum level to 3.
I hope you enjoyed this installment of “Crafting with…Courtney!” If you would like to see a recipe card of Howling Werewolf, click here!Don’t forget to click here as well to check out our entire Crafting Cookbook in the DDO Compendium!