Update 48: Fables of the Feywild Release Notes
Here are the release notes for Fables of the Feywild, released on Wednesday, November 4th.
Of Special Note:
Fables of the Feywild has arrived!
Journey to the land of myth and fable, a place of wonder and death in Dungeons & Dragons Online: Fables of the Feywild. Meet the Archfey, mighty beings who may help or hinder you on your adventures. Encounter majestic Unicorns, mischievous Pixies, deadly Displacer Beasts, and fierce Fomorians in this all new expansion! Click here to learn more. Fables of the Feywild includes 13 quests, a wilderness area, a new public zone, and a raid (which will follow in a patch after launch). For character levels 5-6 on Heroic difficulty and 32 on Legendary difficulty. To access the new Fables of the Feywild expansion, visit the Hut From Beyond in the Stormreach Harbor!
News and Notes:
- Male Shifters now properly use Fiddle animations for Bard Songs with a fiddle equipped.
- Bard: Swashbuckler: Different Tack no longer has its erroneous Single Weapon Fighting prerequisite
- Favored Enemy: Fey now works correctly.
- Favored Enemy: Fey can now be selected by rangers when they would normally take Favored Enemy feats.
- Sense Weakness now provides its correct helpless damage multiplier.
- Tier 1 Sonic Legendary Alchemical crafting now properly applies sonic and instead of electric.
- The Legendary Alchemical Tower Shield is now actually a Tower Shield.
- The legendary alchemical scimitar now works with the crafting station.
Significant changes have been made to the game's Augment system:
- Any Augment that is not slotted into an item when you log in after the update will be updated to both work with the new augment system and reflect the power level of Cannith Crafted effects at the minimum level of that augment. This will happen immediately upon first logging in with no other action required on your part.
- Any item that have an empty augment slot when you log in after the update will be updated to work with the new augment system immediately upon first logging in with no other action required on your part.
Any item that has an Augment slotted into an augment slot when you log in after the update will work exactly as it had before the update unless you choose to intervene and unslot that augment using a "Legacy Augment Unslotter". Legacy Augment Unslotters are a new item that is sold at House Cannith crafting halls and with Raef Larksong, the General Vendor in the center of the Stormreach Marketplace, which allows you to remove augments from legacy style augment slots and, in the process, convert the legacy style augment slot and the augment to work in the new augment system. To use a Legacy Augment Unslotter do the following:
- Double Click on the Legacy Augment Unslotter
- Drag the item that you wish to unslot a legacy augment from
- Select which Legacy Augment you would like to unslot
- Click "Unslot Augment"
- Log Out
- Log Back in
- Slotting Augments is no longer done by double clicking on the augment and dragging into the crafting UI the item that you would like to slot the augment into. Instead you now drag the item that you would like to slot an augment into (that has an empty augment slot) into the Augment Slotting panel located in the right of the Inventory menu. From there, each augment slot available on the item will be displayed. Empty slots can be filled by dragging the correct color of augment into the slot. Filled slots can be emptied by dragging a Jeweler's Toolkit over a slotted augment.
- There are new named augments that can be gained from different sources. Some can be found specifically in Fables of the Feywild content and others can be crafted using a combination of Threads of Fate, an Empty Soul Vessel (which can be found in Fables of the Feywild content), and various different Raid items.
- Twig Blights are now vulnerable to fire.
- Some fire and cold resistance on plant monsters that was not supposed to be there has been removed.
- Several shambling mounds now have their correct vulnerabilities.
Quests and Adventure Areas
Fables of the Feywild
- Players who own Fables of the Feywild Collectors edition will find a level 5 Feywild Muse Satyr Bard hireling item in the inventory of each character the first time they log in.
- Players who own Fables of the Feywild Ultimate Fan edition will find a level 5 and level 30 Feywild Muse Satyr Bard hireling as well as a Feywild Tuning Fork items in the inventory of each character the first time they log in.
- Corrected an issue with the Plane of Night (VON 6) that prevented completion. The raid has now reopened.
- Several Daask creatures in the Masterminds of Sharn will no longer drop empty treasure bags.
- Razorclaw Shifter claw attacks now have a larger hit box in their attack chain, matching monk handwrap hit box sizes.
- Razorclaw Shifter males now animate properly when using Supreme Cleave or Stunning Blow with handwraps.
- Supreme Cleave and Stunning Blow are now timed properly for Razorclaw Shifter males with handwraps.
- The first and second Past Life: Shifter feats now properly grant their bonuses.
- The Iconic Past Life for Razorclaw Shifter is now properly named.
- Razorclaw's Shift ability now grants Dexterity as intended instead of Constitution.
- Beasthide, Wildhunt, and Razorclaw shifts now grant their passive ability score bonuses as listed.
- Shifter and Razorclaw core ability score bonuses now grant their listed bonus.
- Panacea, Close Wounds, Heal, and Unyielding Sovereignty now clear Bleed effects.
- Guild and Guild Officer chat is now being handled differently on the back end, which should greatly improve how quickly guild chat is available after a world restart, and how fast it recovers after a reconnection between the game servers and chat server.
- Text chat messages sent to General, Advice, Trade, Party, Guild, Guild officer, or player created chat rooms will now be displayed to you after they go to the chat server and back. This means that if you are not connected to the chat server, it won't look like you are chatting with your guild, for example, when you are only really chatting with yourself.
- The launcher now has a “Remember me for 8 hours” checkbox. Checking this will allow the launcher to remember your login credentials for 8 hours or until you actively choose to logout (in the dropdown menu in the top right of the launcher).
- Augments are not currently recognizing their binding status when slotted into an item. Players should not expect to be able to trade items with Augments in them that have a Bound to Account binding state, and this will be fixed in the next patch.
- There is not currently a Saga for Fables of the Feywild, but we intend to debut a Saga in the near future.