- Overview: Use the power of shadows and deadly illusion magic to terrify and consume enemies.
- Core 1 (level 20): Shadow Training: You gain the Magical Training feat if you didn't have it already. Each core ability including this one grants +5 Melee Power and +4 Ranged Power, +1 Sneak Attack Dice, 50 Spell Points, +1 Epic DC, 5 Force Spell Power and 5 Universal Spell Power.
- Core 2 (level 23): Step Through Shadow: Dimension Door SLA. Cooldown of 2 minutes.
- Core 3 (level 26): The Darkest Luck: You have Evasion, normal Evasion rules apply. If you have Evasion already, you gain Improved Evasion. If you have Improved Evasion already, you no longer fail Reflex Saves automatically by rolling a 1.
Tier 1 (requires level 20):
- Stealthy: +1/2/3 Reflex Saves, +2/4/6 Hide and Move Silently. Rank 3: Gain the Hide in Plain Sight feat.
- Cover of Darkness: +10/20/30% less threat from all sources. Rank 3: Gain a permanent benefit of Nightshield.
- Well of Darkness: +30/60/100 Spell Points, Rank 3: +5 Force/Universal Spell Power
- Assassinate: +2/4/6 to your Assassinate DCs.
- Technician: +2/4/6 to Search, Spot, Disable Device, Open Lock. Rank 3: If you have the Nimble Fingers feat, +1 Sneak Attack dice.
Tier 2 (requires level 20):
- Dance in the Dark: +1/2/3 Sneak Attack Dice
- Sleight of Hand: +2/4/6 UMD. +25/50/75% damage and healing of your wands, scrolls and other items that cast spells. Adds +1/2/3 to the save DC's of your offensive wands.
- Shadowform: Shadowdancer Destiny Mantle. Grants +30% Enhancement bonus to movement speed, 25% Insight bonus to Sneak Speed, 25% Insight bonus to Cast Run Speed, and grants ghost touch on all attacks.
- Shadowstrike (melee or ranged): Epic Strike: +5[W], +3 Critical Threat Range and Critical Damage Multiplier. Enemy must make a Fortitude save vs (20 + highest ability score + assassinate) or be cursed with Shadow Loss. Cooldown: 15 seconds.
- Nightmare Lance (spell): Epic Strike: Illusion Spell, deals 1d6+6 Force damage per caster level. Enemies must make a Will save vs (20 + highest ability score + illusion bonuses + fear bonuses) or be cursed with Shadow Loss. Cooldown: 15 seconds.
- Shadow Loss. You no longer cast a shadow. In addition, you have -5 PRR, MRR, and Spell Resistance.
- Lithe: Passive Bonus: +2/4/6 reflex saves, AC and light armor Max Dex Bonus, Rank 3: +5 Force/Universal Spellpower.
Tier 3 (req level 23):
- Depths of Darkness: While in your Shadowdancer Destiny Mantle, you gain 25% Incorporeality and 25% Concealment.
- Meld into Darkness: Your Epic Strike now grants you 10% uncapped dodge for 10s
- Dark Imbuement: Your Epic Strike now imbues your weapons with Evil energies for 10s: You deal 1d6 per Sneak Attack Dice in Untyped damage on hit (scaling with Melee or Ranged Power, or Force Spell Power if its higher), and on a vorpal strike, your attacks blind enemies with no save. This blind lasts 5 seconds and can only apply to each monster once per 60 seconds.
- Paranoia: Your Epic Strike now imbues your spells with Evil energies for 10s: Your Sneak Attack dice are now applied to your harmful spellcasts. Your spells deal 1d6 Untyped damage per Sneak Attack Dice you have (scaling with Melee or Ranged Power, or Force Spell Power if it is higher). This may only trigger once per spellcast per monster, so multi-hit spells will only have one additional damage value.
- Grim Precision: +1/2/3 Spell Penetration, and you bypass 5/10/15% enemy Fortification.
- Shadowdancer Spell Focus: +1/2/3 Illusion, Necromancy, Enchantment or Abjuration DCs
- Shadowcaster: -10% Spell Cooldowns. Immunity to Energy Drain.
- Shadowstriker: +5% Doublestrike and Doubleshot. Immunity to Energy Drain.
Tier 4 (requires level 26):
- Pierce the Gloom: +1/2/3 Accuracy, to-hit with Sneak Attacks, to-hit while flanking. Rank 3: You gain immunity to Silence, Quell, and Blindness.
- From the Shadows: From-Stealth Active: From a stealthed position, dissolve into shadows, before appearing some distance in front of you. This grants you the buffs from your Shadowdancer Epic strike if you have them trained.
- Dark Mercy: Your Shadowdancer mantle now grants you +5/10/15% Helplessness damage.
Bring Darkness: When you roll a natural 20 on a melee or ranged attack, you envelop the target in shadow, applying the Darkness debuff. If you have the feat First Blood, the trigger of First Blood now also applies the Darkness debuff, and First Blood now triggers on Harmful Spellcasts.
- Darkness: The target is no longer immune to Sneak Attacks. -3 Spell Resistance, -3 Physical Resistance Rating and -3 Magical Resistance Rating per stack. Lasts 12 seconds, stacks drop 1 at a time. Max 3 stacks.
- Linger in the Dark: Meld now grants 15% uncapped Dodge. When enemies miss you in combat while Meld is active, they are blinded by shadows with no save. This blind lasts 5 seconds and can only apply to each monster once per 60 seconds.
- Long Shadows: Dark Imbuement now increases your melee range.
- Shadowed Insight: Paranoia now reduces the cost of all of your Metamagics by 1 Spell Point each.
Tier 5 (requires level 30):
- Improved Shadowform: Adds to your Destiny Mantle: You float as if you had Feather Fall, +20 Hide and Move Silently, and no longer trigger pressure plate or bear traps. +10 Force/Universal Spell Power
- Just a Taste: +1 multiplier on an attack roll of 19-20 with bows, thrown weapons, crossbows, quarterstaves, and finessable melee weapons
- Weird: You gain the Weird spell - Area of effect Phantasmal Killer, scales off Illusion DC. You must be able to cast level 9 spells. Cooldown 60 seconds, Spell Point code of 50 (matches Implosion). DC 20 + highest of INT/WIS/CHA + illusion bonuses
- Consumed by Shadows: From Sneak: Active attack. Enemy must make a Will save versus 20 + highest ability score + Assassinate or be beset by your shadow. Enemies affected have their Armor Class set to 0 for 5 seconds, and when they are hit, they take a stack of Vulnerability. Cooldown: 30 seconds.
- Enhanced Shadowdancer Spell Focus: +1/2/3 Spell DCs
- Shadow Mastery: Epic Moment: Dissolve into a whorl of shadow, leaving your corporeal form behind. While in this form, you are considered Sneaking and Invisible regardless of what you do. You also gain 3d6 Sneak Attack Dice, 50% Incorporeality, as well as the effects your Epic Strike as if they had been fully trained and upgraded. When non-boss enemies miss you in this state, they are slain by their fear, automatically taking a Phantasmal Killer effect with no save. Duration: 20 seconds. Cooldown: 5 minutes.
- Overview: Unyielding offers great durability, a new taunt mechanic and some powerful healing tools. The playstyle has become more active rewarding attacking with only intermitted blocking. Useful for pure tanks or anyone looking to increase their survivability.
- Core 1 (level 20): Unyielding: You gain the Diehard feat. Each core ability of this tree, including this one, grants +35 Hit Points, 20 Spell Points, and 5 Melee Power
- Core 2 (level 23): Ward Against Darkness: You are protected by a ward against curses. This ward can absorb one curse every 60 seconds. You gain 10% Evil damage absorption.
- Core 3 (level 26): Stand Against the Tide: Immune to most forms of Knockdown while wearing a shield.
Tier 1 (requires level 20):
- Celestial Mandate: Melee Cleave: 6[W] Adds 3000 Hate to target and slows their movement by 50% for 10 seconds. Grants a +1/2/3 buff to Magical and Physical Resistance Ratings for 15 seconds. Double this bonus if using a shield. Stacks 6 times. Cooldown: 6 seconds.
- Guard Up - Gain a Sacred Temporary Hit Point bonus equal to 300% of your Melee Power for 6 seconds. This can be used while stunned, or otherwise disabled. Cooldown: 12 seconds.
- Ever Watchful: +2/4/6 Spot & Listen. Rank 3: You are immune to blindness effects.
- Divine Energy Resistance: Cost: 15 Spell Points This SLA grants 35 resistance to Acid, Cold, Fire, Sonic, Electric damage for 1 minute per character level to all allies in the standard area of effect; centered on the caster. You can apply Metamagic feats to this SLA for free (Extend, Quicken). The effect does not stack with the Resist Energy spell. Cooldown: 6 seconds.
Epic Strike - Multiselector:
- Attack and Defend: +1/2/3 to hit. Triple this bonus if using combat expertise.
- Brace for Impact: +10/25/50% Fortification, rank 3: +1 to all Saving Throws.
Tier 2 (requires level 22):
- Renewal: SLA: heal-over time. Heals 1d2 Hit Points per 2 character levels every 2 seconds for 8 seconds.
- Mantle of the Sentinel: Aura of Destiny - You gain a 15 Healing Amplification, Absorb 15% of all Force, Fire, Electric, Acid, Cold, Sonic, Chaos and Evil damage. Grants Immunity to Mind effects from evil creatures.
- Knight's Challenge: Requires shield to use. Throws a Spiritual version of your Shield at a single target for 1d20 Law damage per character level, scales with 200% Melee Power. Creatures struck by the shield reset their hate and are compelled to target the player for 8 seconds. Cooldown: 20 seconds.
- Commanding Presence: +150/300/450% Threat Generation.
- Shield Prowess: Your Shield's Armor Class contribution is increased by 15/30/50%.
Tier 3 (requires level 24):
- Legendary Shield Mastery: While wearing a shield, you gain +5/10/15 Physical Resistance Rating. Rank 3: You gain 6% Doublestrike.
- Hands of the Sentinel: Gain the Lay on Hands feat. Using Lay Hands now uses the highest of Charisma or Constitution score to determine its effect and also uses your total character level instead of paladin level.
- The Rule of Law: Your Mantle of the Sentinel now grants your melee attacks a chance to pulse a out a wave of d3/4/6 Law damage per character level around the player. Cooldown of 8 seconds. Scales with the highest of 200% Melee Power or Spell Power.
- Spark of Life: Your armor gains Deathblock, protecting you from death effects. Passive: Gain 25 Hit Points.
- Into the Fray: When you first strike a foe with a melee attack gain +2/4/6 Damage & +10/15/25 Physical and Magical Resistance Rating buff for 5 seconds. This effect will not reoccur until you are out of combat for at least 3 seconds.
Tier 4 (requires level 26):
- Endless Vigil: Requires Lay Hands or Hands of the Sentinel. Passive Bonus: +1/2/3 Lay On Hands use per rest. Lay On Hands regenerate one use every 180/160/145 seconds.
- Hardened Purpose: +5/10/15 Armor Class. Rank 3: Increase the Mantle of the Sentinel damage absorption by another 10%.
- Throw the Boom: (requires Knight's Challenge) Knight's Challenge now affects small area around the target and applies a Stun, DC: 20 + Stun Bonuses + STR/DEX/CON/INT/WIS/CHA for 4 seconds.
- Divine Bulwark: +5 Physical Resistance Rating. If you have the Bulwark of Defense feat, gain an additional +10 Physical Resistance Rating
- The Best Defense: Blocking a melee attack now grants a +1/2/4 bonus to Damage, Hit and Critical Hit damage for 12 seconds. This can only occur once every 12 seconds. Passive: Gain +20/40/60 to Max Hit Points
Tier 5 (requires level 30):
- Resurrection: Cost: 15 Spell Points. Can now cast Resurrection as a spell-like ability. Cooldown: 6 seconds.
- Strength of Vitality: Gain 3/6/10% Insight bonus to Max Hit Points. Rank 3: Increase Insight bonus to 20% if Mantel of the Sentinel is active.
- Undying Vanguard: Activate Your body becomes a fortified fortress. Completely heal yourself and gain 10,000 Temporary Hit Points & +5 Weapon Dice for 30 seconds. You can use this while Crowd Controlled. Cooldown: 5 minutes
- Deific Resilience: You gain the Deific Warding feat. If you already have it, you gain +5% Quality bonus to Maximum Hit Points
- Light the Dark: (requires Lay Hands) Using Lay on Hands is now an area of effect, healing friends and damaging undead near the selected target. This effect scales with the highest of 200% Melee Power or 50% of Spell Power.
- Knight's Training now increases the threat range of Maces and Warhammers by an additional 1
- Swords to Plowshares now increases the threat range of Quarterstaves by an additional 1.
- Archer's Focus no longer spams your combat log.
- Calls of Destiny have been deprecated from the game. Existing Calls of Destiny have been replaced with Sovereign Experience Elixirs, which boost all Experience earned by 50% for one and a half hours. NOTE: If you are already benefitting from a Sovereign or Sovereign II Experience Elixir, the buff may not appear in your buff bar, or it may appear to replace your current Elixir. What is actually happening is that the buffs are suppressing each other, and when one runs out, the other will appear in its place. You will still receive the benefit of the other Elixir when the higher benefit Elixir expires.
- Keys of Destiny have been deprecated from the game, and are now called Tarnished Keys of Destiny. Players can place any remaining Tarnished Keys of Destiny into a Stone of Change to receive 1 Sovereign II Experience Elixir per key you exchange.
- You may now trade Tomes of Fate for Purified Eberron Dragonshards.
- The values of Assassinate DC bonuses found on items has increased significantly.
- Legacy Augment Unslotters are now Bound to Account.
- Cannith Crafted Keen no longer sometimes stops working.
- Monsters throughout levels 20 and 29 have had their stats adjusted to account for the new Epic Destiny update.
- Fixed various Undead who were not being harmed by Positive energy, as well as Animated Objects that were mistakenly tagged as Undead instead of Constructs. Please continue to report any such monsters you encounter.
- Hellhounds should no longer slide around and attack while using standing-still attack animations.
Quests and Adventure Areas
Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh
Swim At Your Own Risk
- An issue with the mage boss missing spells in some difficulties has been corrected.
- Fixed an issue with a barrier that could drop too early and lead to two copies of 1000 Teeth being in play.
- Swim At Your Own Risk
Masterminds of Sharn
- Players identified a monster pathing issue in "A Sharn Welcome" that could cause severe lag when monsters tried and failed to path to the upper levels when chasing players. To mitigate this, players must now kill all enemies in the room with the stuffed bear before opening the secret door to proceed. A new Quest Objective and an additional signal crystal above the door have been added to remind you to do this.
- Exploding spider traps in Sharn have been changed to display an area of effect reticle before exploding.
- The "Boromar Muscle" Dragonborn from Sharn have had their appearances updated so their outfits display properly.
The Seal of Shan-to-Kor
- Workmen have finally taken away some extra ladders left behind during construction of the Halls.
- Dragonborn can now properly use the Druid Cold Breath spell.
- Several changes and optimizations have been made to spells that can affect multiple targets. This should resolve several issues with area of effect spells connecting while impacting with shallow water, as well as having a much better time making contact through uneven terrain.
- Alchemist's Sanctified Vial spell now requires 1 level of Cleric, Favored Soul, or Paladin OR any points spent in the new Divine Crusader, Exalted Angel, or Unyielding Sentinel Epic Destinies.
- The Enervation spell now applies a Negative Damage Over Time effect.
- Prismatic Strike’s weapon damage reduction debuff now does the correct value of 25%.
The following spells are now in spell books:
- Arcane Tempest - Level 6
- Celestial Bombardment - Level 9
- Divine Wrath - Level 9
- Insidious Spores - Level 7
- Stormrage - Level 8
- Tsunami - Level 9
- Arcane Tempest - Level 8
- Arcane Tempest - Level 6
- Toggles now remember their state better through logout and login.
- The Fatespinner will now remind you when you haven't unlocked all the new Epic Destiny trees.
- The Gnome and Deep Gnome tree Cores 2 and 4 now have their correct icons.
- There is a new tab on the character sheet that contains your Epic Destiny abilities.
- Fatesinger's Mantle of Sound and Fury Burst damage doesn't scale with Melee and Ranged Power yet.
- An issue with some bodies of water in the Feywild can result in players getting stuck.
The following quests and raids have been temporarily closed due to a monster statting bug, and we expect to reopen the following quest packs and raids in a patch in the near future:
- The Phiarlan Carnival
- The Sands of Menectarun
- Sentinels of Stormreach
- Vault of Night: VoNs 5 and 6 (raid)
- The Chronoscope (raid)
- The XP bar UI at the bottom of your HUD still shows old Epic Destiny information if you cycle through it.