Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    15

    Default Introducing Dungeon Helper and Trove - Inventory tracking and searching

    Tired of loading dozens of mules to look for that 1 item to complete the latest round of inventory tetris? Do you have more mules than you do characters?

    I heard ya, and me too. So I did something about it.

    For those that don't know me, I'm Morrikan, the lead dev of Vault of Kundarak. We've done some cool stuff in the past, most notably our item website, Vault of Kundarak. We did the MyDDO replacement thing, but it's broken right now so I'm not going to bother linking it.

    For over 3 years, RabidSquirrel and I have been on this mission to get inventory out of the game and into something useful in the cloud. Well, we've finally done it.

    Introducing Dungeon Helper, a plugin framework for DDO. If you played Asheron's Call, you probably remember Decal. In a nutshell, this is Decal for DDO. By itself, it does almost nothing.

    What you really want, though, is Trove. Trove is a plugin for DH that, with a single button click, can scan your character's inventory and shove it in a database for future searching. It can also dump that inventory to a JSON file on your local PC so that you can load the inventory into other custom apps or just create your own stuff.

    You can then Search your inventory for items (by name, description, slot, weapon type, set name, etc) to find what you have and where it is.
    trove_search_results.png

    If you have questions, the best way to reach us is on our Discord server. I don't expect to log in here very often as I hate doing marketing and advertising (hey, I'm a dev, ok?), but I will try to poke back over here every now and then.

    Relevant Links:
    Dungeon Helper (DH) - https://dungeonhelper.com
    Trove - https://trove.dungeonhelper.com
    VoK Discord - https://discord.gg/bfMZnbz

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Going to give this a bump and test it out myself this week. Hopefully more people try it out and it becomes so successful the devs sticky this as a recommended mod to the game. Anything that improves inventory management is a huge boon for the game. Hint Hint nudge nudge ssg.

  3. #3
    Community Member Seph1roth5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Looks very interesting, have been hearing about this for a while now. Could probably use a bit more info on the "how do I use this" section though lol.

    Also, just to clarify, it only lists items on characters and their personal bank? Not reincarnation cache or shared bank?
    My main Orien Bozos - Mozenrath, Messam, Yashamaru, Quackerjack

    Hardcore bozos - Koganei, Hoid

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seph1roth5 View Post
    Also, just to clarify, it only lists items on characters and their personal bank? Not reincarnation cache or shared bank?
    This is correct.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seph1roth5 View Post
    Also, just to clarify, it only lists items on characters and their personal bank? Not reincarnation cache or shared bank?
    A feature coming Soon™

    Ok, jokes aside, this is a "maybe" that's not near the top of the TODO list.

  6. #6

    Default

    Okay, I followed the instructions but the "download inventory" button has not appeared when I access my bank.. Where is that supposed to be located?
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,968

    Default

    Awesome!
    I really hope someone steps up and creates a nice app that consumes the generated JSONs and offers a fast cool interface for browsing and searching the items.

  8. #8
    Chaotic Evil Mindos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Okay, I followed the instructions but the "download inventory" button has not appeared when I access my bank.. Where is that supposed to be located?
    Are you using the 32 bit client?

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    68

    Default

    One more vote to make it official and that SSG give something to them for their time.

  10. #10
    Staggering LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,497

    Default

    This is awesome! Will give it a go once the servers are back up.

  11. #11
    Staggering LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Are you using the 32 bit client?
    I don't see this as a requirement for Dungeon Helper to work.
    If it is, it means I'll have to install the 32 bit version of DDO as well.

  12. #12
    Community Member dredre9987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    I don't see this as a requirement for Dungeon Helper to work.
    If it is, it means I'll have to install the 32 bit version of DDO as well.
    Nope you wont have to install 32 bit client, just go into options on the launcher and change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Thank you ! Great work, i wish i had that tool earlier.

    Tc

  14. #14
    Community Member Seph1roth5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    806

    Default

    I d/l and tried it out yesterday, but had to ask a lot of questions in discord and am still not sure I'm doing it right lol. Like I said, it REALLY needs a more detailed "How do I use" section.

    What seems obvious to you guys that made it, isn't so much for someone using it for the first time. For example, I didn't know I had to go to the bank and open it before uploading inventory to get it to register the bank.

    That said, it still seemed like it wasn't searching OTHER character's banks. But again, not sure if I'm just not doing something right.

    Another example. I tried 3 characters, A, B, and C. Logged on each, opened bank, uploaded inventory. Character A had multiple hearts of woods in his bank. I logged over to B, went to bank, and searched for "heart" and it didn't find anything.

    There's also no mention that you have to re-upload your inventory every time you play a character (unless you don't loot or change anything I guess), which is a small price to pay but another one of those things that isn't said anywhere. I think a fair amount of people will assume the program would auto update somehow (magic!).
    My main Orien Bozos - Mozenrath, Messam, Yashamaru, Quackerjack

    Hardcore bozos - Koganei, Hoid

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Thanks for the feedback!

  16. #16
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel
    axel15810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,913

    Default

    This sounds awesome, looking forward to trying it out when I get a chance.

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seph1roth5 View Post
    I d/l and tried it out yesterday, but had to ask a lot of questions in discord and am still not sure I'm doing it right lol. Like I said, it REALLY needs a more detailed "How do I use" section.

    What seems obvious to you guys that made it, isn't so much for someone using it for the first time. For example, I didn't know I had to go to the bank and open it before uploading inventory to get it to register the bank.

    That said, it still seemed like it wasn't searching OTHER character's banks. But again, not sure if I'm just not doing something right.

    Another example. I tried 3 characters, A, B, and C. Logged on each, opened bank, uploaded inventory. Character A had multiple hearts of woods in his bank. I logged over to B, went to bank, and searched for "heart" and it didn't find anything.

    There's also no mention that you have to re-upload your inventory every time you play a character (unless you don't loot or change anything I guess), which is a small price to pay but another one of those things that isn't said anywhere. I think a fair amount of people will assume the program would auto update somehow (magic!).

    Agree with you. The tool and the work are great, more explanations on how it works would be cool.

    I updated today and i cant open the in game window. The bag icon disapeared...

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grohgredin View Post
    I updated today and i cant open the in game window. The bag icon disapeared...
    You have to re-enable Trove in the Dungeon Helper UI after you update.

    I'm really not happy with the way this stuff works with having to re-enable, and it sometimes getting lost, etc. It's on the list of things to redo.

  19. #19
    Community Member thunderhawk123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    31

    Default

    at your own risk
    Last edited by thunderhawk123; 08-25-2021 at 12:01 PM.

  20. #20
    Community Member thunderhawk123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    31

    Default

    at your own risk good luck. read there faq a few lies in there sorry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload